How to Create AI Art Using NightCafe's Online Generator Step by Step
Generative art can be for anyone who wants to add an element of creativity to their life
Code art (AKA AI art) can be daunting for those who think the process has to include code.
We hate to break it to you- that's not always the case! With awesome new AI art technology coming out it's getting easier and more accessible for folks without coding experience to get into the hobby.
“Life is art. Art is life. I never separate it.”
- Ai Weiwei, Visual Artist
You may want to learn how to use these cutting edge art generating algorithms to enhance your very own artwork, or maybe you want to experience the rush of making art you're proud of - the reasons to partake in this awesome new art form are endless. We do know one thing is for sure; Artificial Intelligence art is only getting more and more popular as it becomes more accessible.
NightCafe Studio is easy to use for new and seasoned AI art creators
Anyone with a connection to the internet can become an artist with a few taps of their keyboard! Read on to see how you can use our very own online AI art generator. We will be starting out with the very basic create form, advanced settings OFF (we will get into advanced settings in another blog post).
How to use NightCafe Studio's Online Artificial Intelligence art generator, step by step
1. Go to creator.nightcafe.studio on the browser of your choice
You will be taken to the basic create form on the NightCafe generator home page.
2. Type your prompt into the prompt box or generate a random one using the random button on the top right side of the prompt box
This is the fun part! Describe what you'd like the NightCafe AI to generate. Descriptive, to the point, direct prompts work best. Want some advice on how to write prompts that help generate beautiful images? Check out our Artist spotlights with top NightCafe AI artists on our blog, found here!
3. Choose a style. Hit create.
That's it! You've created your first AI art piece! The hardest part of it all is waiting for it to generate (which will only be a couple of minutes).
Setting up an account with NightCafe Studio
While you wait for your artificial intelligence art piece to generate, now would be a good time to set up a way to login to your account so you don't lose your work. (We even prompt for you to do so at the top of the "my creations" page!)
You can connect your NightCafe account with Facebook or Google, or you can use a trusted email and password.
Generating art on the Create page with advanced settings off
When you are done setting up your login information, next thing to do is use the 'create' page.
1. Click the pink 'create' button in the top right-hand corner
Choose "Text to image/video" on the next page to be taken to the "create form". This create form is a little different than the one we were just on - it has more ways to control the art you're making. Here you can:
- Choose a prompt from our pre-written prompt list
- See all the one-of-a-kind artistic presets
- Switch from the Artistic (VQGAN+CLIP) algorithm to the Coherent (CLIP-Guided Diffusion) creation method
A few extra tips
The first image generated from the basic home create page will always default to Artistic (VQGAN+CLIP) creation method. I suggest you to try creating an image using the Coherent setting (CLIP-Guided Diffusion).
Another great resource to take advantage of is the NightCafe Lounge discord group. It's full of great tips, tricks, and folks who are willing to answer questions you may have about the site. You can join here.
How to earn extra credits so you can generate more AI art on NightCafe
The creators of NightCafe Studio know how fun it is to generate art, so they've made it easy for you to use the website (for limited use). Here are a few of the ways NightCafe has made it possible for you to earn free credits:
- Collect a daily top up of 5 free credits.
- Earn badges by being active on the NightCafe explore page, commenting on others' creations, and many other ways (visit our badges page for details)
- Share your AI art pieces on Twitter, TikTok, and even Instagram for 3 credits per post. For the credits to hit your account, you must link your social profiles in Account Settings → Edit Profile, and @nightcafestudio must be mentioned in the post description. (Note: Social badges can be earned up to 10 times per day total. The limit is collective, not per social platform.) Check the NightCafe credits pricing page for more details.
Being creative doesn't have to require physical skills and know-how
And that's what makes this AI art generation website so fun - anyone can use it and benefit from the work they make. We hope this article helped you better understand how to use NightCafe's AI art generating website! Don't forget to tag us and use the hashtag #nightcafe so we can see the amazing GAN art you publish!
Find NightCafe's official social media accounts linked below: