How to Make AI Generated Videos: The Ultimate Guide to Cinematic Magic
Back in 2015, the world witnessed the first-ever AI-generated video. It was the music video of the song Desire, created using Google’s DeepDream program.
Although the video wasn’t aesthetically pleasing, it piqued the interest of several artists and scientists at the time, which explains the advancements in text-to-video technology today. In this post, we’ll share how you can benefit from the incredible advancements in AI video generation and create stunning cinematic videos on your own.
How to Make AI-Generated Videos
The first thing needed to create a video is a vision or a goal. So, sit down and think about why you want to create this video and what output you wish to achieve. Once you have a basic idea and vision for the video in mind, follow these steps:
Step 1: Write a Script
Once you have a video in mind (such as a commercial or music video), create a basic script.
You don’t need an elaborate script, just something that ties together the scenes you have in mind.
Step 2: Choose a Reliable AI Video Generator
Once you have your script ready, head over to Google and search for the best AI video generators. Again, you’ll come across both paid and free tools. We recommend shortlisting tools that offer free trials (either with free initial credits or fourteen-day free trials).
Test these out and pick the one you’re most comfortable working with. Ideally, you should look for the following features:
- High-quality video output: You should be able to download the video in at least 1080P or 4K quality.
- Ease of use: If you have to watch hour-long tutorials to create a two-minute AI video for your social media, it’s not an easy-to-use tool. So look for a tool with a step-by-step onboarding guide, so you can make videos in the least amount of time.
- Customer support: Look for a tool that comes from responsible creators. If you shoot a query their way and receive no response, you shouldn’t bother investing your time and money in such software.
- Scene generation: Before you sign up, make sure you’ve reviewed what others have already created with the tool. A good AI video generator is capable of generating different scenes based on the provided text, including backgrounds, characters, objects, and animations.
- Customizable visual styles: The tool should offer options to choose from various visual styles, themes, or templates to match the desired look and feel of the video.
- Other customization options: The tool should also offer options to make adjustments to scenes, transitions, text formatting, voice-over, downloadable formats, and video resolutions.
Step 3: Sign Up and Generate a Video
Once you’ve chosen a tool like NightCafe, sign up to create a free account.
The easiest way to get going is to upload an existing video and then have the AI transform each frame according to your prompts.
This produces a reliable result, but you’ll be roughly restricted to what’s already on the video.
The other option is to generate the “frames” of the video, in the form of AI generated images. You can then animate these frames individually until you’ve created a complete video.
The technology to create a completely AI generated video with imagery and scenes tied together coherently from only a script is not quite available yet.
We’re working to make that a reality but you won’t see it around for the time being.
Instead, you’ll have to rely on your imagination a bit and release your inner filmmaker to create a video along your script. From there, you can go on to create a voiceover for your video or even use an AI music generator to score it.
To sum it up, creating AI generated videos is really about animating individual images that serve as the frames of the video when they’re played together.