How to Make NFTs
NFTs are making big waves as the new outlet for creative minds - but are NFTs worth it, how do you make one, and (importantly!) what does it cost to mint an artwork and turn it into cold hard cash?
The great news is that you can create NFTs with VQGAN+CLIP even if you've got no clue about fine art and haven't ever learnt to code!
It's deceptively simple, but our text-to-art generator makes it possible!
All you need to do is choose a unique seed for VQGAN+CLIP and let the AI do the rest (your seed phrase is essentially just a word list that stores blockchain data).
How to Make NFTs as a Beginner
Although there's no guarantee that your early work will reach the dizzy heights of Beeple or the CryptoPunks collectables, there's an undeniable joy about immersing yourself in the latest art-related crypto tech.
And, if Paris Hilton can do it, we know you can!
Step-by-Step Guide to Making an NFT
- First, you need to build your artwork - you need an asset to turn into an NFT, so that could be a meme or a video game component. For now, of course, we're talking about digital art!
- Set yourself up a crypto wallet if you don't have one, and load it with whichever currency your platform uses. To begin, you need to have a few bucks in your wallet, but it doesn't need to be millions!
- We now need to choose where to sell our NFT (it's a tricky decision!). Every marketplace has different terms, fee structures and specialities, so do your homework.
- Mint your NFT - you upload the file to your wallet making it ready for sale. Minting sounds fiddly, but it's pretty simple - your marketplace will show you the instructions, and you'll need to fill out a description and a few other details.
- Put your NFT out there for sale!
You usually get a few options to pick how you want to sell - usually either at a fixed price, a timed auction, or even an 'open for bids' auction without a finite closure date.
How do I Create NFT Art from a Word Prompt?
AI art design can be a labour-intensive task, requiring quite a bit of technical expertise.
Text prompts streamline the process, transforming simple words into graphics and allowing you to come up with exciting, interesting, and stunning artworks.
The challenge isn't in using the app–it's designed to be ultra user-friendly! Rather, the difficulty lies in coming up with a unique word combination.
Our new CLIP-Guided Diffusion algorithm adds another layer of ingenuity to this process, allowing the AI to develop more lifelike images composed in ways that conform to the laws of physics.
VQGAN+CLIP is all about pattern, texture, the often-surreal depictions of your text prompt, whereas the Coherent algorithm is designed for realism–but not necessarily as we know it!
NFTs sell, on average, for $2,000 AUD, but your revenue will depend on how many copies you choose to sell. Therarer it is, the more it's worth!
As long as you're up to speed with the transaction costs and have the creativity to come up with an artwork that buyers want, the world is your oyster.
We almost forgot the best part; you get five free artworks every single day.